Saturday, May 8, 2010

I Hate When That Happens!


OK, so it's a beautiful spring day here in southwest Virginia, and I've got some time so I head out to the backyard to put a few coats of "Green Mile Green" on my hills and finish some other terrain stuff that's been waiting for just such a day...but typically in my haste I forgot to change into a "painting" shirt...and well guess what...I managed to "ruin" a brand new expensive shirt that the "CinC Lead Gardens" bought for me just last week! Doh...! ...Well, I think a "don't ask don't tell" policy is not going to fly with the CinC so I may have to by a bottle of wine for her this evening to accompany my daily situation report!

7 comments:

jmilesr said...

Yikes - vie done the same a few times

Get a good bottle of wine, perhaps an argentine malblanc

Good luck

Bluebear Jeff said...

I won't say that I've done the same thing (but I have).

Anyway, I now keep an apron (the "merchant's" type that covers from chest to knee) and an old long-sleeve shirt (suitably painted) that hang in front of my paints . . . so that I always remember to put them on before painting . . . it saves me a lot on on wine and jewelry.


-- Jeff

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

My wife's grandfather had a bad habit of tinkering with the car etc after church, ie in his Sunday best. His wife could be yelling out the door "Piss Willie come in and change your clothes". I'll leave it to your imagination how the story came to be told to me...... and what I've been called on occasion......

-Ross

Capt Bill said...

Been there, done that, have the SHIRTS to prove it!!!

Pjotr said...

I do hope the shirt didn't ruin the paintwork.

Pjotr

tidders2 said...

Done the same - usually ruin my best T-shirt

-- Allan

Archduke Piccolo said...

I've had the same experience just painting the house (keep forgetting what I'm wearing...). It's just a bloke view of what's important.